Weddings & Events Co-Ordinator
The Haus Restaurant has an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to help grow and execute social events, weddings and conferences in a full-time capacity. Working hand in hand with the Conference and Events Manager, you will work proactively with our directors and department heads to organize, manage, drive and grow our Weddings & Events business. If you are passionate, self-motivated and have a proven track record coordinating events and would like to further grow and develop your skills, we would love to hear from you!
Who are we?
Family owned and operated The Haus Group has a collection of iconic, boutique accommodation & restaurant properties in the heart of Hahndorf surrounded by the Adelaide Hills. We are only 25 minutes from the Adelaide CBD.
About the role
As Wedding & Events Co-Ordinator, your responsibilities will include the following but are not limited to:
• In collaboration with the client, plan and organize all events and functions ranging from Weddings, social events and conferences from conception through to execution on the day
• Handling all customer enquiries with a prompt & professional manner, demonstrating high standards in customer service & responding promptly to the emails & enquiries.
• Meeting clients and conducting venue famils as required
• Ensuring the complete administration and execution of all planned events including but not limited to preparation and follow up of proposals, invoicing, booking group accommodation & preparing an event order
• collaborate with the management team to develop strategies and plans to maximise customer satisfaction and revenue growth
• Developing and expanding existing accounts, focusing on achieving repeat business and upselling opportunities where possible
• Assisting with our off site catering events.
• Coordinate tailored menu’s, floor plans, function set ups and event orders
• Updating our CRM databases with new and existing clients
• Liaison & collaboration with other department heads to ensure all preparations, staffing, ordering for the functions and events are communicated effectively and all tasks are actioned and completed
• Host events & workshops as required.
• Ability to set up & trouble shoot any AV requirements
• After hours, off site and weekend work may be required pending operation requirements and events
• Hands on, operation support on the day of the event when required
To be successful in this role you must have:
• An experienced proven track record in the coordination, managing of Functions and Events
• Fantastic communication and customer service skills, with the proven ability to liaise management, staff & guests
• Exceptional organizational and administrative skills with a strong attention to detail, have the ability to multitask & manage time effectively.
• A positive & professional attitude with highly developed interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Canva, ZOHO, RMS & Bepoz experience would be advantageous.
• Hands-on food and beverage service experience preferable but not essential
• A quick thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
• A great team player, who proactively looks to assist where possible.
If you believe you have all of the attributes listed above then this may be the job for you.
Please submit your resume to:
Janine Dunn firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference and Events Manager