Full Time and Casual Chefs
The Haus Restaurant in the heart of Hahndorf is renowned for showcasing amazing selection of German dishes created from the best local produce. We are searching for Full Time and Casual Chefs for our busy restaurant.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a consistently high quality product to all of our customers and guests.
- Possess knowledge of German Cuisine
- Should be able to cook Saurkraut, pork hocks, smoked Kassler chops and German sausages
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare all menu items mostly German Cuisine by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Cook food according to German recipes, quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Cook food using various appliances, ovens and grills
- Prepare, season, and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items according to German Cuisine
- Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also weigh, measure and mix ingredients on correct proportions.
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
- Ensure that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Work in the designated station as set by Executive Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Discuss German menu ideas with Executive Chef and upper management
- Adhere to OH&S standards and procedures
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality service to the hotel guests.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare food within recommended time frames to meet Guest expectations.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Able to produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
- To be successful for this role, it is essential that you have:
- Certificate III or IV Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience
If you believe you have all of the attributes listed above then this may be the job for you.
What we can offer you:
- Opportunities to learn new skills and grow your career path
- Free car parking for staff
- Join a great team that makes work exciting and engaging within a fun & team orientated work environment
- Discounted Meals ON and OFF duty
- Amazing employee discounts across the group for accommodation in our beautiful hotels
- Big Picture. Big Opportunities
- There is scope for growth based on performance.
- Exciting career development within a hugely successful and expanding group
Please email your hours of availability & resume to email@example.com
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.