Front of House Supervisor
THE HAUS RESTAURANT IN HAHNDORF IS LOOKING FOR AN EXPERIENCED A LA CARTE FRONT OF HOUSE SUPERVISOR.
This role is unique and you will be working in a hands on capacity across a vibrant and busy restaurant, Function and Event centre in the heart of historic Hahndorf and the picturesque Adelaide Hills.
Don’t be fooled by proximity, Only located 30 minutes from the city centre!!!!
The trip to Hahndorf will take less time than travelling to your job across the city
If you are a confident person who treats each customer as an individual and remains calm & professional whilst having a strong attention to detail along with a bubbly personality – this may be the role for you!
About the role:
An exciting career opportunity exists for a highly motivated and proactive Front of House Supervisor to join the Haus Group Management Team. Initially 24 hours per week with scope to move into a full-time capacity for the right person as business continues to grow.
Supporting the Restaurant and Assistant Manager in leading and growing our team; you will be a shift manager, opening / closing the venue, daily operations and assisting with set up and execution of functions, conferences & events.
- Ability to multitask, ensuring an efficient restaurant operation, maintaining high production, productivity, quality and customer service standards according to The Haus Groups policies and procedures and sequence of service
- Manage and monitor restaurant operations including set up and pack down of restaurant service, functions and events as per procedures and initiate corrective actions where necessary.
- Lead, coach and support a large and dynamic FOH team (50+ employees) in a positive, encouraging and constructive manner allowing them to develop with genuine and timely constructive feedback. Provide training and consistent evaluation of employee performance
- Maintain a high standard of personal presentation and conduct
- Effective Communication in a respectful and professional manner with managers, department heads, fellow Haus mates and customers
- Provide reports and commentary as requested in a timely manner to management
- Follow through with tasks, ensuring attention to detail and producing high-quality outcomes
- Warden in the event of emergency and respond to first aid situations on site
- Understand the Haus group’s vision, mission and values, reflect the behaviours of The Haus Groups ‘service success’ philosophy
- Engage in excellence
- Tenacious teamwork
- Do what’s right
- Build you tool box
To be successful for this role, it is essential that you have:
- Proven track record of running a fast pass restaurant/café with strong leadership skills managing teams of 15+ FOH staff on any given shift
- The ability to work and show support in a team environment under pressure
- Experience in running and overseeing Conference & events with a high attention to detail
- Strong leadership, motivational and people skills
- A good understanding of Word, Excel, computers and H&L would be advantageous
- Excellent English and written skills
- Strong upselling and sales skills with knowledge of local beer, wines and food pairing would be advantageous
You will need to show a full commitment to weekend work & public holidays. We strive to provide consecutive days off and provided capped working hours each week where possible.
If you believe you have the attributes listed above, then this may be the job for you.
What we can offer you:
Job Benefits and Perks
- Join a great team that makes work exciting and engaging within a passionate and driven workforce
- Work life balance hours on offer
- Exciting career development within a successful and expanding group
*Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
If you think you have what it takes, click here to apply.