Breakfast Chef – Casual
The Haus Restaurant in the heart of Hahndorf is renowned for showcasing amazing selection of German dishes created from the best local produce. We are searching for Breakfast Chef for our busy restaurant.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of a consistently high quality product to all of our customers and guests. The role is casual to begin and may progress to full time for the right candidate.
- Sound Knowledge of doing Breakfast Service.
- Should be able to cook Saurkraut, pork hocks, smoked Kassler chops and German sausages
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food.
- Prepare all modern a la carte style Breakfast menu items by strictly following recipes and yield guide.
- Cook food according to quality standards, presentation standards and food preparation checklist.
- Cook food using various appliances, ovens and grills
- Prepare, season, and cook a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes and other food items.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits, vegetables and also weigh, measure and mix ingredients on correct proportions.
- Set-up the station with par stocks of menu items, and prepare the dishes designated for that station.
- Ensure that all products are stored properly in the correct location at the appropriate levels at all times.
- Work in the designated station as set by Executive Chef.
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods and report any incidents to the Sous Chef to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Adhere to OH&S standards and procedures
- Excellent understanding of various cooking methods, ingredients, equipment and procedures.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with speed and quality.
- Great personal hygiene and grooming standards.
- Should be able to communicate, read and write clearly and effectively.
- Provide the highest and most efficient level of hospitality service to the hotel guests.
- Able to organize the assigned work area and efficiently put away orders.
- Able to prepare food within recommended time frames to meet guest expectations.
- Able to operate kitchen equipment like braising pan, baking ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves and fryers.
- Able to produce quality product in a timely and efficient manner for the guests or staff.
To be successful for this role, it is essential that you have:
- Certificate III or IV Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience as Breakfast Chef
Please submit your resume to: