Wedding & Event Coordinator
Do you simply love weddings? If you’re super organised and enjoy dotting I’s and crossing T’s to ensure your wedding clients have the best day ever and their wedding dreams come true… we want you to join our motivated and growing Adelaide Hills events team.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate and professional Part-Time Wedding & Event Coordinator (3-days FTE with the potential to grow into a full-time position).
The Haus Group, Hahndorf, is looking for the perfect individual with ‘can do attitude’, is hungry for success, self-motivated and has a proven track record in the coordination and execution of beautiful weddings and events.
Who are we?
The Haus Group is a family of accommodation, event and conference spaces, and the award-winning Haus Restaurant, located in the Main Street of Hahndorf – all only 20-minutes drive from Adelaide.
We have recently taken on the exclusive management of weddings at The Cedars. The historic home, property, garden and studio or Australian artist Sir Hans Heysen.
Couple The Cedars with the opening of the new Haus Conference and Events Centre, The Haus Group has seen an increased demand of special events and wedding enquiries and therefore this exciting position has opened for the right person to join our ever-growing professional events team.
The role is responsible for:
- Showcasing our three Hahndorf accommodation properties, The Manna by Haus, Studios by Haus and the Lodge by Haus. The Haus Restaurant and award-winning catering (winner 2018 South Australian Savour Venue Caterer of the Year 2018), The Cedars as a ceremony venue, and the new Conference & Events Centre.
- Developing and generating new business.
- Contributing to the strategy and planning activities of functions and weddings at The Haus.
- Building strong relationships with customers and converting customer enquiries into sales.
- Participating in promotional activities to help drive weddings on and off-site e.g. wedding expos and networking events.
- Oversee operational requirements of the event from conception to delivering a memorable event for our guests.
You will have:
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role coordinating and managing weddings and/or events.
- Have outstanding internal communication skills and the ability to work closely within the immediate and extended team.
- Confidence to take charge and own the results, yet humble enough to listen and learn.
- Have an energetic, warm, and engaging demeanour.
- Have proven sales experience with KPI target wins.
- The ability to build strong relationships and understand clients’ needs.
- A passion for delivering exceptional and memorable customer experiences.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends (when required).
- Strong organisational, IT and administrative skills.
- Outstanding written and communication skills.
- High standards of personal presentation
- Career development opportunities in a growing company.
- A competitive hourly rate.
- Opportunity to pick up additional hours within the company to full-time hours.
- Free car parking.
- Staff discounts on and off duty.
Visit our website on www.thehausgroup.com
Please apply in confidence with covering letter and resume to:
Haus Restaurant Manager